Protecting Education For Students With Special Needs
When you are working to ensure that your child’s needs are met in school, it can feel like you are fighting alone. More than that, your child’s education could be at stake. However, working with an attorney who has experience in special education law will help ensure that your child has what they need.
Located in Hartford and serving clients throughout Connecticut, Rome Clifford Katz & Koerner LLP will work to ensure that your child’s rights are protected. We will work with you to understand your child’s eligibility for special education services, ensure that your child’s educational needs are being met and fight for their rights when school officials refuse to provide them with the education they deserve.
Work With A Skilled Special Education Attorney
Attorney Melissa Gagne has extensive experience working with families to ensure that their children have the resources they need in school and serves on the board of directors of an organization supporting adults with disabilities. Her experience includes:
- Conducting a records review to ensure that a student is receiving a Free and Appropriate Education as required by law
- Helping to ensure that students identified as eligible for special education services receive the programming that they are entitled to under the law
- Working with school districts and families to determine eligibility for special education services
- Representing students at PPT meetings to determine if services are appropriate and to ensure that the school district is the right placement or if outplacement is required
- Representing families at Mediations and Due Process Hearings when disputes with the school district go beyond the PPT meeting.
Tell Us More About Your Concerns
When you are concerned about whether your child is getting the education they need, we will help fight for their rights. Contact us online or call our office at 860-764-2920 to tell us more about your needs.