Rome, Alan J.
Alan J. Rome
- Personal Injury
- Family Law
- General litigation
Partner Alan J. Rome has been practicing law since 1989. His extensive litigation practice includes Personal Injury, Family Law and Divorce Litigation, Criminal Law and Workers’ Compensation matters.
Attorney Rome is originally from West Hartford, Connecticut. He obtained a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Connecticut in 1985 and a Juris Doctorate Degree from Western New England College School of Law.
Attorney Rome is licensed to practice law in Connecticut, in the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut, and also in the United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit.
He is a member of the Hartford County Bar Association, the Connecticut Bar Association, the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, and the American Association for Justice.
Attorney Rome was named to the 2022 Connecticut Super Lawyers list in the Personal Injury General: Plaintiff category, representing the fourth consecutive year he was honored by Super Lawyers for his thriving personal injury practice.
He is also a presenter for the continuing legal education series of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, most recently speaking at the Autopalooza seminar held in early December at Mohegan Sun casino.
Attorney Rome is married with two daughters and enjoys golfing. Originally from Bloomfield, Attorney Rome has lived in West Hartford for the past 30 years.
- $126,100 motor vehicle accident arbitration award, January 2023
- $200,033 motor vehicle accident arbitration award, September 2022
- $770,357.65 jury verdict for a client in a lawsuit filed against the Town of West Hartford for failing to maintain its sidewalks in safe condition per Connecticut General Statutes. (2015)
- $3.125 million settlement in a negligent supervision case for a young boy permanently injured while riding a bike that was hit by a truck. (2007)
What Clients Say
- I worked with Attorney Alan Rome and Attorney Christopher Sica on a personal injury case as I was a victim of a high-speed motor vehicle accident. … They are both incredibly kind and compassionate, and it’s truly a wonder to watch them work. I could not be happier with the outcome of my case and had the absolute best experience with their support and knowledge during a very hard time. If you are looking for a law firm to help you, look no further!
- Western New England College School of Law, Springfield, Massachusetts
- J.D. – 1989
- University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut
- B.S. – 1985
- Major: Biology
- Connecticut, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- Hartford County Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Rome & Katz, LLC, Partner, 2000 to 2005
Current Employment Position