“The dollar amounts Attorney Sica achieves are especially significant when considering the challenges presented by some of his cases,” said fellow Personal Injury Partner Alan Rome, known for his 2015 jury verdict of $770,357 in a very tough liability case against the Town of West Hartford for failing to maintain sidewalks in safe condition.
“Attorney Sica has taken on very challenging cases that often begin with minimal settlement offers from the defendant’s counsel based on inaccurate facts and false assumptions,” Attorney Rome said. “Through his diligence in exposing what actually happened and the extent of its impact on his clients lives, Attorney Sica turns these cases with low or no offers into significant six-figure settlements and recoveries.”
Attorney Sica’s recent outcomes for clients include these:
- A $620,000 recovery against a prominent trucking and delivery company for a tractor-trailer vs. pick-up truck crash on I-91 in which 3 plaintiffs – a grandfather, grandmother, and grandson – suffered severe emotional distress and soft tissue injuries, with the grandfather potentially needing shoulder and back surgery in future. (September 2023)
- A $250,000 settlement in a motor vehicle crash. Our client, a physical laborer, did not seek treatment for four months and the defense argued his back injuries resulted from his job and weight gain. We disproved that claim with experts, securing the favorable settlement on the eve of trial. (September 2023)
- A $600,000 resolution in a case involving the construction site of a luxury high-rise residential apartment building. The client was injured on the loading dock when he fell over a roll of hallway corridor carpeting. He underwent a cervical fusion procedure and sustained lost wages. It took significant discovery and depositions of key witnesses to establish liability on the part of the owner and carpet contractor, as there was no report or surveillance to document the incident. (July 2023)
- A $750,000 settlement in a motor vehicle collision. The client required a cervical fusion surgery. Liability was initially contested but ultimately fully conceded. (July 2023)
- A $240,000 settlement for a client in a motor vehicle collision lawsuit obtained after strategically applying pressure with a motion for prejudgment remedy. (May 2023)
- A $300,000 full policy limit exhaustion for an uninsured motorist claim.(January 2023)
Attorney Sica welcomes classical David vs. Goliath interactions, and one case resolved earlier this year illustrates that. It was a jury verdict resulting in $46,335 in damages, a number that may not impress without context – and there’s more to the story.
Attorney Sica’s client was blamed and cited with a motor vehicle infraction by the Waterbury Police for a crash involving a cruiser, but Attorney Sica was able to show that the officer “without warning, commenced a right-hand turn, directly into the plaintiff’s vehicle,” according to the lawsuit.
A jury found the argument persuasive and assigned 74 percent of the negligence for the crash to the Waterbury officer.
Google reviews for Attorney Sica and the firm’s Personal Injury team sum up what clients think of such results.
“Extremely professional. Extremely responsive. Takes on difficult cases and gets results,” reads one recent review. “Experts at personal injury, very communicative and caring about your outcome physically as well as economically,” says another.
See more feedback on our Reviews & Testimonials page.
About Attorney Sica
Partner Christopher Sica focuses his practice on protecting the rights of those who are injured. This includes Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, Workers’ Compensation and Malpractice cases. He has tried numerous cases to verdict, securing victories for his clients.
In addition to his 2023 New Leaders in the Law award, Attorney Sica was named to the 2022 Super Lawyers list in the Rising Stars category, marking the fifth consecutive year he has been honored in the Personal Injury General: Plaintiff category. He also has been selected to the National Trial Lawyers Top 100.
About RCKK Law
Rome, Clifford Katz & Koerner is a Hartford-based law firm whose attorneys collectively have more than 100 years of experience in a wide variety of legal areas. Whether you are dealing with a motor vehicle accident, a Workers’ Compensation injury, a Family Law matter, or a business concern, our skilled lawyers will aggressively advocate on your behalf. We represent individuals and businesses in Connecticut and throughout the New England states.