The New Leaders award is presented to highly accomplished attorneys who are younger than 40.
“I am very honored to receive this award,” Attorney Sica said. “We’ve been able to really make a difference in the lives of clients. I feel quite grateful to have the trust of clients and fellow lawyers who have referred some of these cases. I think it reflects a culmination of our firm’s efforts to maximize every client’s case with thorough preparation and innovative strategy.”
The New England Legal Awards combine the Connecticut Law Tribune’s annual professional excellence awards with similar awards in Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island.
Winners will be honored at a Boston gala in September.
See the Connecticut Law Tribune’s Q&A With Attorney Sica
In presenting Attorney Sica’s “dynamic track record of impressive outcomes for plaintiffs” in Personal Injury cases, the award nomination says his command of injury law, tireless work ethic, and attention to detail “are merely foundational aspects for the qualities that set him apart, including compassion, a deep understanding of clients, and the ability to anticipate all possible ‘moves’ on both sides of a case like a Grandmaster in chess.”
The nomination also cites examples of recent outcomes:
- $300,000 full policy limit exhaustion for an uninsured motorist claim. (January 2023)
- $875,000 settlement in a motorcycle accident case. (October 2022)
- $912,500 for a father and son struck by a vehicle at a car show. They sustained minimal physical injuries but suffered substantial emotional distress. (August 2022)
Noting that the amounts Attorney Sica obtains for clients are far higher than what was initially on the table, the nomination says “the details behind his outcomes are illustrative” and offers two examples.
- The $875,000 settlement, covered by the Connecticut Law Tribune, started out as a low six-figure offer from an insurance company. It was after getting to know the client – a hairdresser who was a passenger on a motorcycle hit by a minivan, damaging her elbow– that Attorney Sica understood the true value of the case. His depth of immersion in the details and his client’s well-being empowered him to take the case to the eve of jury selection to dislodge a suitable figure.
- In a case involving a two-car crash in the middle of a busy four-way intersection, the other driver’s insurance company said their driver was not at fault and in response to Attorney Sica’s demand to settle, they refused to pay even $1. Attorney Sica went to work and less a month later they agreed to pay their full policy limits to settle the case.
“Genuinely caring, Attorney Sica truly bonds with clients and develops a deeper understanding of what they have faced, helping him powerfully advocate for favorable settlements and verdicts,” the nomination says, adding, “Clients note his professionalism, kindness, and ‘his dedication and his results,’ in reviews and testimonials, saying it’s ‘truly a wonder to watch him work.’”
In addition to the New Leaders in the Law award, Attorney Sica was also recently featured in a Connecticut Law Tribune story that highlighted his successful strategy in a Personal Injury case.
About Attorney Sica
Partner Christopher Sica focuses his practice on protecting the rights of those who are injured. This includes Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, Workers’ Compensation and Malpractice cases. He has tried numerous cases to verdict, securing victories for his clients.
Attorney Sica was named to the 2022 Super Lawyers list in the Rising Stars category, marking the fifth consecutive year he has been honored in the Personal Injury General: Plaintiff category. He also has been selected to the National Trial Lawyers Top 100.
See his profile page to learn more.
About RCKK Law
Rome, Clifford Katz & Koerner is a Hartford-based law firm whose attorneys collectively have more than 100 years of experience in a wide variety of legal areas. Whether you are dealing with a motor vehicle accident, a Workers’ Compensation injury, a Family Law matter, or a business concern, our skilled lawyers will aggressively advocate on your behalf. We represent individuals and businesses in Connecticut and throughout the New England states.